matchmaking problems

BiggBallze
So I finally built a deck that I think is worthy to take online, but I can never find anyone the auto-match.  I skimmed this board a bit and tried to download the glassboard app, but I think I failed on that too cause it's not comming up in my app store.

Anyway, please let me know what's up.  If anyone wants to play my username for gamecenter is BiggBallze

Re: matchmaking problems

Valentino
and the deck strategy is? :-)

Re: matchmaking problems

For now we still have a small community of players so it will be hard to find opponents. If you look at the Iphone apps on your ipad you will see that Glassboard app.
 Coming in the next update will be a much improved system for finding opponents ,but Glass board is probabaly your best bet for now.

Re: matchmaking problems

BiggBallze
I play a strategy of mostly "A" with a bit of "F" and "G" type.  I play either a fire-swamp or a swamp-fire mix.  Bone Dragons, Undead Giants, Undead Tritons, Murder Crows, Pyrohydras, Ruby Dragons, Detonations.  Then some other lower cost 2's and 3's to round it out.

Re: matchmaking problems

Valentino
Sorry, I am a newbie of this game and not too much into technical definitions.

What "A" "F" and "G" stand for?

Re: matchmaking problems

BiggBallze
Ah, sorry, I'm pretty new at this too.  I went off of Quintavarium's "beginners guide" it's pinned at the top of the forum. Here's the excerpt from what he wrote:

"Almost all decks are built on one or more one or more of the following general strategies:  A. This deck will win by large numbers of the most powerful minions overwhelming my opponent.  (I believe this is the easiest and most common route to a good deck.)  B. This deck will win by blitzing my opponent with so much stuff he cannot stop it all in time.  C. This deck will win by sweeping my opponents forces off the board.  D. This deck will win by reinforcing my health while whittling away my opponents.  E. This deck will win by preventing my opponent from playing appropriate cards.  F. This deck will win by buffing/growing my minions into an unstoppable force.  G.  This deck will win by eroding the quality of my opponent’s forces.  H. This deck will win by inflicting damage that does not rely on minions.  I. This deck will win by stealing the fruits of my opponent’s efforts.  J. This deck will win by exhausting my opponent and running him out of cards."

So my strageties are mostly
A -- Bone and Ruby Dragons
F -- Pyrohydras with Detonation and Fire Shrourd
G -- Undead Tritians, Horrify.

I take two lavapults just cause I think they are a pain to play against, but the rest are spells, detonation and murder of crows.  The the rest of the deck is whatever minions cost 2 or 3 points.

I would really like to build an "H" deck that has no minons in it, but I don't think I'm quite there yet.

Re: matchmaking problems

Valentino
Wow that is amazing.

If you could merge three strategies in a deck which works then I have a lot to learn from you.

I look forward to see how your deck works to learn these new tricks.

Re: matchmaking problems

BiggBallze
Ah! I figured out game center and glassboard.  I don't think glassboard works on the ipad, i had to use my regular computer browser.  If I'm wrong about that please let me know.  Anyway, add me up and let's get this game on!

Re: matchmaking problems

SteveGoblin
It works on the iPad for sure.