most important aspect of spellcraft

Quintivarium
There are two major components to the Spellcraft game: playing the cards well and building a good deck.  Which would you consider most important and why?  Which is harder to master?

Re: most important aspect of spellcraft

Valentino
I'd say both of them are very important. Theory and practice go together.

If do not see the tricks you can do in game perhaps you will end up choosing the wrong cards.

IF you choose the wrong cards perhaps you'll end up in game not having what you need at the right time.

40% deck building
40% gaming skills
20% luck

Luck can also be minimized with good deck building

Re: most important aspect of spellcraft

Molotch
I would say Deck Building to be of most importance, purely down to the fact that to Deck Build efficiently requires you to understand exactly how you intend your Deck to function. If you understand the exact capabilities, strengths and weakness's of your Deck you are effectively building Gaming Skill into that process. I don't think Gaming Skill per se will help you anywhere near as much as Top Rate Deck Building.