puzzle trivia

Quintivarium
For spellcraft fanatics: describe a scenario in which it might be beneficial to cast energize on an aetherfish ( other than getting the benefit of casting a spell, e. g. powering a sky hydra's strength increase doesn't count).  I'll offer my solution after others have had time to contemplate an answer.

Re: puzzle trivia

Valentino
Given that Aetherfish has elusive you use it to place it in the same path of a stronger minion and then use energize to let it do a suicide attack to trigger its effect.

Re: puzzle trivia

Quintivarium
It also has quick, no need for energize.

Re: puzzle trivia

Valentino
Aetherfish is placed in front of another minion such as aquamancer.

Play evolve on Aetherfish to replace the abilities.

Energize allows to use the replaced ability one time more.

Re: puzzle trivia

Valentino
How did I reach this answer?

I know you are scared of aquamancers and build combos starting from how to counter them.

Just a little bit of reverse engineering ;)

Re: puzzle trivia

Quintivarium
I would never come up with something so simple and elegant!

Re: puzzle trivia

my solution
You are playing against a jungle/forest deck with fire/air.  play the aetherfish in the center of a volcanic eruption.  An enemy forest dragon chases the quick minion into the hazard.  Move the aetherfish into an empty lane guarded by a 0 cost enemy trap (to test whether the trap is a pit trap with an expendable unit).  Upon learning it was not a pit trap, use energize to move the aetherfish in front of an enemy jungle dragon.  Cast living bomb.  Two dragons with one aetherfish -- not a bad day's work.