"reanimation" achievement

D3v222
Anyone figured out a good way to do this yet? Didn't have much trouble with "bodysnatcher" or most of the other achievements but this one is proving difficult. I'm running a swamp/forest deck with rise again and rebirth but in order to succeed I'd have to draw and use all 8 of those before I win which is proving a bit hard. Anyways, suggestions are welcome!

Ps if anyone needs a really good "bodysnatcher" deck (got bs AND honored dead first try) I'm willing to share... Seems people have found that one a bit difficult.

Re: "reanimation" achievement

Quintavarium
Unfortunately, I did not think to keep any of my achievement decks -- for the most part they are not generally effective.  Re-animation definitely requires a bit of luck -- even with what I thought was a good approach it took me maybe 30 tries.

My idea was to make a stall deck.  The basic principle was much like with the 11th hour achievement -- to clog up lanes and avoid winning early.  I had lots of barriers, zombie mobs, ancient oaks, rooted, and similar cards.  Although I did not use it (I only own one), necropolis seems like an excellent choice -- especially if you have green cards to augment its health.  Cards with elusive are able to avoid making a fatal attack by just moving.  And cull is a good way to remove a potential killer from your board.

It helps to play the factions that tend to be slow and blocky as well -- especially green or purple.  But watch out for cards like pilfer, miasma, etc that can steal your vital reanimation cards.  You probably need to avoid decks with the scorched earth or living walls power cards as well.  If you have not completed the campaign, you may want to watch for the ideal opponent deck -- then don't defeat it until you gain the achievement.  I know I also made heavy use of the surrender option until circumstances were right.

Finally, since you have to play black as at least a secondary faction, beware of cards like undead giants that destroy your discard pile.

Probably not much help, but the best I can do.

Re: "reanimation" achievement

D3v222
Thanks for your advice! I actually removed all the barriers I had. I felt they were making it more difficult, I can't revive them so it seemed redundant to have them. I always end up losing because a) I stall too long to get my last revive and then lose due to lack of cards. Or b) I get way too many revives and no minions. HA!

On a side note.... You mentioned having "completed" campaign. When I level up it resets all the regions. How/when do you "complete" campaign. I assumed it just infinitely reset on level up.

Re: "reanimation" achievement

SteveGoblin
The regions all reset to become available when you gain a level.
Every few levels the regions not only reset but use new AI decks too.

Reaching the end of the campaign is reaching the current highest maximum level allowed, which will increase with each faction release (although less than with previous expansions(

Re: "reanimation" achievement

D3v222
Ah! That makes sense, and a lot of it hahaha. I guess I should have thought it through a little more :)

Re: "reanimation" achievement

Jambo(75)
I did this with Swamp and Forest using the two regen cards and also reemergence, which helps to recycle creatures into your draw deck from the discard. Throw one or two weak creatures in to ensure you have creatures in the discard pile and use the ghouls that help to steal your opponent's creatures from their discard pile. Couple this with a few big creatures and a few living mazes to stall, and a few unicorns to help preserve the game. Was quite a tricky achievement to get but I did it playing against Forest who can also be quite a good stalling AI.